Good Fish Guide
Fish of the month recipe for Turbot (Caught at sea)
Turbot with pinto beansTurbot served on a quick stew of beans and vegetables.
1. Sweat the shallot in the butter and salt over a medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
2. Add the mushrooms and saute for a further 1-2 minutes.
3. Add the mirin, increase to a high heat, and boil for 10-15 seconds to burn off the alcohol.
4. Add the miso and stir in. Don't worry if the miso and butter split, when you add the pinto beans, the starchy water will bring it all together.
5. Bring the stew to a medium heat, then add in the tat soi and place a lid over the top and switch off the heat.
6. Preheat a frying pan with oil and butter, then dust the turbot with flour and fry for 1-2 minutes over a medium high heat, until the fish is golden brown. Transfer to a baking tray and bake in the oven for 3 minutes at 190c.
7. Warm up the pinto bean stew again - the tat soi should have wilted in the residual heat, add in the tomato and spring onion. The idea is to warm them but not cook them.
8. Serve the turbot on top of the pinto bean stew.
Time 10 mins